Prime Truck Insurance Contact & Quotes

Prime Truck Insurance has Professional Transportation Risk Specialists that understand your needs and concerns.

Get in touch is very easy with our Prime Truck Insurance quick contact form. We will be able to help you in our licensed states of FL,GA,IA,IN,KS,MD,NC,NE,NJ,OH,PA and SC

Coverage/s Needed (*)
Auto LiabilityPhysical DamageCargo CoverageTrailer InterchangeGeneral LiabilityExcess LiabilityReefer BreakdownOTHER

Your Business Type (*)

Requirements For Trucking and interstate transportation of goods.


BMC-91 or BMC-91X Public liability insurance (bodily injury/property damage/environmental restoration) •Motor Carrier •Freight Forwarder (Note: Non-vehicle operating freight forwarders may seek waiver of this requirement.)

Freight:–$750,000 – $5,000,000, depending on commodities transported; $300,000 for non-hazardous freight moved only in vehicles weighing under 10,001 lbs.
Passengers:–$5,000,000; $1,500,000 for registrants operating only vehicles with seating capacity of 15 or fewer passengers.

BMC-34 or BMC-83 •Cargo insurance–$5,000 per vehicle
•$10,000 per occurrence
•Household Goods Motor Carrier
•Household Goods Freight Forwarder

BMC-84 or BMC-85 •Surety Bond amount is $75,000
•Trust Fund Agreement amount is $75,000
•Freight Forwarder
•Broker of Freight

BOC-3 Service of Process Agents All Authorities

MCS-90 Endorsement for Motor Carrier Policies of Insurance for Public Liability under Sections 29 and 30 of the Motor Carrier Act of 1980 Hazmat Safety Permit Carriers

Driver’s License

All commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers must be appropriately licensed to drive the specific type of vehicles they operate. Appropriate licenses are either an Operator’s License issued by one State or jurisdiction, a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) (with proper endorsements as necessary). In order to obtain any of these licenses, drivers must have passed a knowledge and skills test for the appropriate type of vehicle.

An Operator’s License is required for drivers of CMVs that
Have a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) or gross combination weight rating (GCWR) of 10,000 – 26,000 lbs. (including towing vehicle)
Transport 8 – 15 passengers (including the driver) for compensation (for-hire)

A CDL is required for drivers of CMVs that:
Have a GVWR or GCWR of 26,001 lbs. or more (including towed trailers/vehicles)
Transport 16 or more passengers (including the driver) either for compensation (for-hire) or not for compensation (private)

Motor carriers that do not operate vehicles requiring a CDL
Motor carriers subject to the Federal Transit Administration’s (FTA) alcohol and controlled substance testing program
Employers and drivers that include: active duty military personnel; members of the reserves; members of the national guard on active duty (including personnel on full-time national guard duty, part-time national guard training, and national guard military technicians), and active duty U.S. Coast Guard personnel
Farm vehicle drivers when the vehicle is: Controlled and operated by a farmer as a private motor carrier of property
Being used to transport agricultural products or farm machinery and/or supplies to or from a farm
Not being used in the operation of a for-hire carrier
Not carrying placard-able HM
Being used within 150 air miles of the farm